The Friends of John Hampden School Wendover (FJH) is the name of the Parent/Teacher Association for the school. We are a registered charity and we organise fundraising events that enhance the children and parent’s school experience by:
* Raising money for the school, enhancing the facilities for our children
* Organising events that the children (and parents) genuinely enjoy – this helps reinforce the idea that school is a great place to be!
* Connecting parents with each other and the school.
What do we provide?
During 2023-2023 the Friends raised approximately £18,500. Over past years money has been used to:
* Invest in Learnpads
* Purchase playground equipment
* Purchase sports kit for the children representing the school
* Purchase new reading texts
* Develop the Early Years Foundation Stage Learning Environment
* Develop the outside learning environment for Year 1 classes
* Purchase new cameras for each classroom
* Purchase Bee-Bots and accessories for Y1 and Y2
* Refurbish the cloakrooms and sink areas in each classroom
* Replace Interactive Whiteboards in the classrooms
This year we are fundraising to:
* improve the outside learning environment for Year 2 pupils and purchase new reading books.
How do we achieve these goals?
We can only be successful with our fundraising if we have the support of the parents at the school. As a committee we organise a variety of events such as the Christmas and May Fayres, the Children’s New Year Disco, a Halloween Trail, an Easter Trail, Cake Sales and Summer BBQ, etc.
Some events are organised for the children to enjoy, whilst others provide the opportunity for parents to get to know one another and have some fun at the same time!
You can help by …
* Supporting our events – you will receive letters from us in your child’s bookbag and via Parentmail. Please make a note of our events and come along when you can.
* Suggestions - Any ideas for fundraising ideas are always welcome!
* Use Easyfundraising - If you’re buying anything on line, click on www.easyfundraising.org.uk and over 2,700 retailers will donate a percentage of the order to the school. You don’t pay anything extra.
* Help us out – we always need help at our events so please look out for helper slips for events.
* Join us – Every parent/carer of a child enrolled at John Hampden is automatically a member of the Friends. Everyone on the committee is a volunteer, so if you have a little time to spare please consider joining us.
Your contribution can be as large or small as you wish, and you don’t have to attend meetings if you can’t make it. We meet 2-3 times a term. Meetings usually last about an hour and a half and we have a lot of fun organising events for the school.