The Foundation Stage classes have their own snack area where fruit is provided free of charge. Children in Year 1 and Year 2 have fruit delivered to their classrooms each day as a mid-morning snack. The School Fruit and Vegetable Scheme is a government programme that entitles every child in England, aged 4-6+ in fully state-funded schools to a piece of fruit or vegetable each school day. Scientists agree that everybody, including children, can reduce their risk of heart disease and cancer by eating at least five portions of fruit and vegetables. The selection ranges from apples, pears, strawberries, raisins, cucumber, bananas and satsumas. Water is continually available so children do not need to bring a water bottle to school.
Free School Milk
Our school provides a milk scheme that is available to all of our pupils and we would like to invite you to register your child. School milk is free for under-5s, and for over -5s it is available at a subsidised price of £14 per term. Each child that is registered with Cool Milk will receive a 189ml portion of semi-skimmed milk every day, delivered fresh and chilled to the classroom. Their school milk will not only provide them with essential nutrients, but as it rehydrating and energy boosting it also bridges the gap between breakfast and lunch to help children stay focused.
How to register
If your child is under five:
- Register online at www.coolmilk.com
- Register by a Tuesday at 5pm for your child's free milk to start the following week.
- Free milk will continue until the Friday before your child's fifth birthday. You will receive a payment request four weeks before their birthday - if you wish your child to continue to receive school milk, simply make a payment.
- Register and pay online at www.coolmilk.com
- You can pay Cool Milk either online, over the phone or at a local Paypoint in half-termly, termly or annual instalment.
- Please pay by a Tuesday at 5pm for your child's free milk to start the following week.