Week 2 - week commencing 14th June 2021
It is our policy that all children should wear school uniform when attending school, which may include participating in a school-organised event outside normal school hours. Our policy is based on the notion that a school uniform:
- promotes a sense of pride in the school
- engenders a feeling of community and belonging;
- is practical and smart;
- identifies the children with the school;
- is not distracting in class;
- makes children feel equal to their peers in terms of appearance;
- is regarded as suitable, and good value for money, by most parents;
- has been designed with health and safety in mind
On health and safety grounds we do not allow children to wear jewellery in our school. The exceptions to this rule are:
- earring studs in pierced ears but we ask the children either to have them removed or cover them with tape (provided by home) during PE and games.
- wrist watches (when the children are completing work relating to telling the time). Children should not wear any type of smart device to school.
We ask that children do not wear decorations or adornments that may distract them or those around them from learning. Parents should also be aware that children are not permitted to bring electronic devices to school.
The school wants all children to grow into healthy adults. We ask that children wear traditional style school shoes. We do not allow children to wear high heels, flip flops, croc type shoes. Neither do we allow children to wear trainers to school; these are appropriate for sport or as leisurewear, but are not in keeping with the smart appearance of a school uniform. Children should always wear socks with their shoes. Children may wear a pair of wellington boots to school on very wet or snowy days but they should also bring their school shoes with them.
Children should bring a coat with a hood to school every day as outside learning is a regular feature of the curriculum.
The role of parents/carers
We ask all parents/carers who send their children to our school for their support of the school uniform policy. We believe that parents have a duty to send their children to school correctly dressed and ready for their daily schoolwork. Parents should ensure that their child has the correct uniform, and that it is clean and in good repair. If any parent would like the school to modify the uniform policy, they should make representation, in the first instance, to the head teacher. The school welcomes children from all backgrounds and faith communities. If there are genuine reasons, for example religious objections, why parents want their child to wear clothes that differ from the school uniform the school will look sympathetically on such requests. Similarly, should an item of school uniform prove problematic for a pupil with disabilities then parents are invited to draw this to the attention of the head teacher. The school will not treat pupils with disabilities unfavourably.
School jumpers,cardigans, polo shirts, book bags, P.E. t-shirts, shorts and P.E. bags are available in a range of sizes from the school office. These items are branded with the school logo but if you would prefer to purchase similar items elsewhere without the logo we are happy for you to do this.
Your Foundation Stage child will need:
- White polo shirt/ shirt /blouse
- Grey or navy trousers or skirt or pinafore dress
- Summer: Grey shorts / Light blue summer dress
- Blue v necked sweatshirt
- Black/navy school shoes
- P.E. kit – white round neck t-shirt and blue shorts; plimsolls; a sweatshirt and jogging bottoms for outdoor P.E. in colder weather (your choice of colour)
- Drawstring P.E. bag - a variety of colours available
- Coat with a hood
- Book bag – a variety of colours available
PLEASE ENSURE ALL UNIFORM IS CLEARLY NAMED AND THAT YOUR CHILD KNOWS WHERE TO LOOK FOR THEIR NAME ON EACH ITEM OF CLOTHING
If you wish to order uniform from school, please complete the attached form and return it via email to the school office:
We will make up the order for you and contact you to organise collection and payment arrangements. Payment can be by cheque payable to Buckinghamshire Council or contact the school office to pay online.
If you need to return and change the size of any uniform you purchase from us please contact us via phone or email and we will organise this.