Year Two - Activities for 4th May - 22nd May
- Addition Subtraction Multiplication Division.pdf
- Estimation and Measuring activities at home.pdf
- Measuring and Estimation Activities.pdf
- Scavenger hunt.pdf
- Tour de Yorkshire Differentiated Reading Comprehension Activity.pdf
- April Fools Day Differentiated Reading Comprehension Activity.pdf
- Ramadan Differentiated Reading Comprehension Activity.pdf
- Easter Differentiated Reading Comprehension Activity.pdf
- The Queens Birthday Differentiated Reading Comprehension Activity.pdf
- Sunflower Differentiated Reading Comprehension activity.pdf
- Jack and the Beanstalk Play script Reading Comprehension Activity.pdf
- Jack and the Beanstalk TT Reading Comprehension Activity.pdf
- Bean Plant Life cycle Differentiated Reading Comprehension Activity.pdf
- 60 Second Reads Guidance.pdf
- Crazy Cacti 60 second reads.pdf
- Oldest Plant Ever 60 second reads.pdf
- Superfood Smoothie 60 second reads.pdf
- Super Seeds 60 second reads.pdf
We have put together some information to help you support your child with writing activities during the school closure. In school we focus on a different genre each half-term but you can choose anything that inspires your child (or you) from the following genres:
- information texts
- character descriptions
or you might just want help to support with sentence writing – there’s information about that too!
When children are writing it is really important that they understand:
- the purpose/reason for writing
- the audience it is intended for
- the appropriate language choices for both purpose and audience.
There are Powerpoints for each genre to show:
- what needs to be included in terms of structure and language choices
- examples of writing from Foundation Stage to Year 2. These reflect the range of writing we might expect within each year group – you can show them to your child and let them choose what they think they could manage to achieve independently or with your support.
- ideas to create your own versions
Mrs Parkinson would love to see any examples of fabulous writing. If you can photograph/scan it and email it to email@example.com she will send back a Good Learning Star.